History: Park Ridge was first settled in the mid-1830s. The village was founded on July 4, 1873. Park Ridge had two former names, Pennyville and Brickton. The city was incorporated on April 19, 1910.
*Historic information from the City of Park Ridge
Population: 37,480 according to the 2010 Census. The median age is 44.8.
Population by Race
White - 35,014
African American - 178
Asian - 1,402
American Indian and Alaska Native - 29
Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander - 5
Other - 362
Identified by two or more - 490
*Demographic information from the 2010 U.S. Census.
Park Ridge Median Income: $85,897
Park Ridge Family Income: $108,037
Park Ridge Per Capita Income: $44,868
Number of Housing Units: 15,030 82% Owner Occupied
Average Household Size: 2.66 persons
*Housing and income information from the City of Park Ridge.
- Oakton Community College, District 535
- Maine Township High School District 207
- Elementary Consolidated School District 64
- Notre Dame College Prep (Niles)
- Loyola Academy (Wilmette)
- St. Juliana's
- Mary, Seat of Wisdom School
- Hillary Rodham Clinton, former first lady and former Secretary of State, graduate of Maine South High School
- Alfonso Iannelli, Modernist sculptor who helped design the Pickwick Theater of Park Ridge as well as other sculptures in the area.
- The "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones" actor, Harrison Ford, is a graduate of Maine East High School.
- John Pankow, the "Mad About You" sitcom and character actor grew up in Park Ridge.
- Karen Black the "Five Easy Pieces" star was born in Park Ridge. She was nominated for an Oscar for that role.
- Carrie Snodgress the "Easy Rider" actress who also appeared in several television shows, grew up in Park Ridge. She won a Golden Globe for her role in "Diary of a Mad Housewife." She also has one son with Neil Young.
- Bonnie Hunt who acted in "Jumanji," "Cheaper By the Dozen" and "Beethoven" was raised in Park Ridge.
- Sean Giambrone is a star on the ABC sitcom "The Goldbergs."
Movies filmed in Park Ridge:
Park Ridge's Sister City:
Have any suggestions for this page? Did we miss anything? Send us an email at email@example.com